Video Examinations for the Police Investigator: Online Edition
For years, we have offered “Video Examinations for the Police Investigator,” a hands-on training course that our team has taught law enforcement agencies across the United States and Canada.
We are proud to announce that this course is now available online. We look forward to providing this training content to a wider audience than ever before through an engaging and interactive digital platform.
Video is the most prolific source of evidence available today, and yet many officers who interact with video have had no training on how to leverage it. The class is designed to help investigators, command staff, and others understand both the challenges and benefits of video-centric investigations.
The course consists of two different 4-hour modules (see below). Once you register yourself or your team, you will receive a voucher that can be applied to any upcoming dates (more classes will continue to be added). In addition, feel free to contact us if you’re interested in hosting an upcoming online class.
$295 $245 special price
Video Literacy: Introduction and Best Practices
- Thursday, October 7th
- Thursday, December 2nd
This module is designed for investigators, detectives, and any other person who interacts with video evidence. During this module, participants will learn how to expedite video related casework, understand key video evidence terminology, recognize basic legal issues, and understand what they can do safely with this critical form of evidence. Each lesson will be coupled with a hands-on experience that demonstrates best practice with real case files.
- Define basic terminology when working with video
- Build competence through hands-on exercises using real case files
- Overcome technical challenges with proprietary video files
- Recognize how improper playback methods can alter the appearance of suspect activity in video
- Learn to play and process video files safely without accidental alterations
Video Literacy: Video Review and Workflows
- Friday, October 8th
- Friday, December 3rd
This second module guides investigators to the next level, providing proficiency and speed to video related criminal investigations. Learn advanced techniques to gain near instant access to proprietary digital video evidence without having to go back to the original DVR. Identify the most common mistakes and learn how to avoid them. Receive basic training that will dramatically enhance your efficiency.
- Understand best practices for handling video from the crime scene to the court room
- Learn common legal challenges and how to protect evidence during testimony
- Review case examples where improper video practices lead to evidence dismissal during trial
- Practice creating powerful demonstrative exhibits
- Enhance the efficiency of videocentric investigations